Bind 9.2.1

Shit.... a security flaw was in Bind 9.1.0 bundled as a standard package with Redhat 7.1 which caused my DNS to experience occasional failure. I tried many different ways to do a rpm upgrade to the secure version Bind 9.2.1 without success coz file dependency was a total mess. I thought downloading the source and re-compiling would also scare me!!!

At last, I used "up2date" tool with redhat network. Everything was smooth and successfully upgraded to the latest Bind 9.2.1 version. Great to see that redhat network resolved file dependencies for me. In future. I will use up2date to upgrade packages as much as possible.

No comments: