2006/07/27

php-mysql

I tried to install phpBB2 and the installation script prompted me that my php 5.0 version was not compiled with mysql database.

What a surprise ! In PHP4 and earlier versions, by default, it was compiled with mysql. Woo, I tried to search for work around solutions and some people suggest rpm removing php and mysql and re-install php with mysql compiled. This would be a great trouble.

After some deliberations, I realized that what I needed was the rpm of php-mysql packages. Hey, I did not want to trust rpm anymore because it would probably give dependencies failed and asked me to download other necessary shared libraries or utilities. A more direct and simple method was to yum install php-mysql which should take care of both versions and dependencies.

It worked. Thanks to great yum.

No comments: