2007/02/08

An email from Samson Tam about CE Election

Here below is an email from Samson Tam I received this morning.

According to the survey conducted by Mr Samson Tam, 40 % of voters support Mr Leong. Applying this percentage, Mr Leong could be able to secure 320 votes in the CE Election. Isn't it amazing ?

"Dear friends of the IT sector,

Since my email sent to all of you one week ago seeking your views on nominating the CE candidates, I have received 420 replies out of thousands of questionnaire emails. I thank all of you for enthusiastically expressing your views and responding my quest.

Of all the replies, 230 were of the view that I should nominate Mr. Tsang, whereas 171 considered that I should nominate Mr. Leong. Four of them suggested that I should not nominate both, while a dozen of them expressed other suggestions, or not at all. As such, in accordance with the survey result, I will nominate Mr. Tsang in the coming CE election.

Through this survey, I have learnt more about the industry, the different voices and demands of the IT practitioners, and have got many valuable views and suggestions put forth by many of my friends in the IT sector. Overall, it seems that many IT people are longing to see an election with competition. Also, they are willing to actively participate in it, so as to contribute to a better IT future.

Once again, I would like to thank all of you for your active participation in the survey and feedback.

Best regards,

Samson Tam"

No comments: