2010/12/26

Experience of bypassing the China Great Firewall (GFW) to access Facebook and Youtube in China

I went to China yesteday.  Unfortunately, I could NOT access facebook via the hotel broadbnad line.

What I tried to do is to make my browser access through a proxy setting of 127.0.0.1 with port 7070. From PuTTY (a common ssh client), I forwarded the local port 7070 to my proxy server 202.81.252.116:3xx78. Of course, I had to use SSH to login sshd @202.81.252.116. This way, the browser would be accessing the Internet through a secure tunnel and there was a proxy server serving the secure tunnel. With these settings, I was able to browse any websites I wanted.


I just hope more people can master the skills of bypassing the GFW.

1 comment:

saeed said...

hi man
i am iranian.
i agree whith your opinion about the earth.
thank you for your useful posts.
good luck