2007/05/14

Single iTune software to support multiple ipod players

This is a real situation of using ipod and itune encountered by me. I have 2 ipod players and only one PC with iTunes software installed. If I plug the first ipod player by USB, all the playlist and music in iTune will be syncrhorniozed. However, I can not perform editing of playlists or adding music for the 2nd ipod player because the iTune playlists and music contents will be transferred out resulting in corruption of all contents in the 2nd ipod player.

There is no mention on ipod user manual how a user can handle mutiple ipod players with a single iTunes software. I have renamed the default iTune music library database into something else and copy it to another set of music library database. The second database can be called upon by iTune and this enables me to have two sets of ipod contents within a single iTunes software.

No comments: