The configuration is easy. Just tell the config file what URL is used and if the server is running apache, use "filename.asp"
I try to dig out the logics behind the speedtest engine, some of which can be found in Ookla documentation:
1. This test is performed by measuring the time it takes to get a response for an HTTP request sent to the web server.
2. It is done 10 times (configurable) with the average value determining the final result.
1. A small binary file is downloaded from the web server to the client to estimate the connection speed.
2. Based on this result, one of several file sizes (jpg files with sizes of 1M, 2M, 8M, 12M and 32M) is selected to use for the real download test.
3. The download test is performed with cache prevention via a random string appended to each download.
1. A small amount of random data is generated in the client and sent to the web server to estimate the connection speed.
2. Based on the result, an appropriately sized set of randomly generated data is selected for upload.
3. The upload test is then performed by pushing via POST with the aid of a server-side script.
The trial licence will expire in one month.