2004/12/19

King of Rock and Roll

If you ask me who is the King of Rock and Roll, without hesitation, I surely say Ronnie James Dio.



Ronnie has an ugly face. How comes he looks so bad ? However, when it comes to rock and roll vocal, no rock singer can ever beat him. Just listen to "Man on the silver mountain", "Long live rock and roll", "Temple of the King","Sign of the Southern Cross", "Holy Diver" and "Don't talk to Stranger" etc., you will agree with what I say. He was involved in the bands ELF, Rainbow, Black Sabbath and finally a band in his own name "DIO".

I learnt of Ronnie James Dio more than 25 years ago when Angel Leung was a DJ in Commercial Radio 2. When I say 25 years ago, you can guess how old I am now. Angel was the only DJ in Hong Kong willing to promote rock and roll music on radio. Following her departure, rock fans in Hong Kong were completely out of touch of rock music from airwaves.

Long live rock and roll !!!!

No comments: